Saturday, April 2, 2011

Avocado and Tomato Couscous Salad with Lime Dressing

I first made this recipe with quinoa instead of couscous, which worked very well. When I made it last night to take to a shared dinner for healthy people (otherwise known as a party held by my gym) I used couscous instead of the quinoa, because couscous is quicker to cook. I have adapted it from a similar recipe at Oh She Glows


Avocado and Tomato Couscous Salad




Ingredients

Salad
1 Capsicum, chopped into small pieces
1 corn cob (or about 1/2 to 3/4 C frozen corn, cooked)
An avocado, chopped into small chunks
1 C Couscous
2 large stalks of celery, cut into 1cm long chunks
2 Tomatoes, diced into small chunks, with seeds and pulp removed
50g walnuts, roughly chopped

 Dressing
1 lime
1 clove garlic, very finely ground
Salt and pepper
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 T Olive Oil


1) Cook couscous according to package directions and allow to cool
2) In bowl, mix in chopped capsicum, tomatoes, corn,celery, avocado together.

3) In large salad bowl, combine couscous and vegetables.
4) Dress salad with juice of the lime, the garlic, salt and pepper, and the Olive oil and vinegar.
5) Toss all together. Top with walnuts (you could use cashews or pinenuts too)



Enjoy! I haven't tried this with cheese, but I think feta would work well in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment